Allahabad University CRET Exam 2023: Application, Eligibility and Results
- 13 Oct 2023
The University of Allahabad, also known as Allahabad University (AU), has announced the dates for the much-awaited Combined Research Entrance Test (CRET) for the year 2023.
The CRET is an entrance exam for students who want to pursue post-graduation in a variety of subjects at Allahabad University. Keep reading to know the application process, eligibility, and result dates for CRET exam 2023.
When is the Allahabad University CRET exam held?
The Allahabad University Combined Research Entrance Test (CRET) is the gateway for admission into various postgraduate programs such as M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., and MPEd. This year in 2023 the examination will be conducted during the months of April and May. Usually, the exams are held during the months of June and July.
Candidates must adhere to the application guidelines and meet the specified eligibility criteria to participate in this entrance examination. To stay updated on important dates and announcements, applicants are advised to regularly check the official Allahabad University website.
Allahabad University CRET Exam 2023 Application Form Process
It is important to fill out an error-free CRET application form to avoid getting disqualified. Once submitted, the information provided in the application form cannot be changed under any circumstances. Read and follow the instructions for filling up your 2023 application form:
Online Application: Candidates can fill and submit the CRET 2023 application form exclusively on the official website of Allahabad University. Keep checking the website for regular updates regarding the exams.
Registration Period: The online registration window will be open from February 15, 2023, to March 14, 2023, as per the provided schedule.
Document’s Required: Aspirants should prepare a scanned copy of their color photograph and signature, which will be uploaded during the application process. Also, have a scanned copy of your bachelor’s degree and report ready.
Valid Email and Contact Number: A valid email address and contact number are essential for receiving important updates and notifications via SMS or email.
Single Form Submission: Each candidate must ensure that they submit only one application form, as submitting multiple forms will result in rejection.
Printout of the Filled Form: After successful submission of the application, download a pdf of the same to your computer for future reference. Candidates are expected to keep a printed copy of the filled form for future reference.
NOTE: Also note that there is no provision for withdrawing an application form once it has been submitted. Make sure that you have only submitted one form with your unique identification information. In the case of multiple forms, all forms are considered null.
Allahabad University CRET 2023 Application Fee
Candidates applying for CRET exam 2023 must be aware of the following application fees:
- Unreserved/OBC Candidates: Rs 1600/-
- SC/ST/PH Candidates: Rs 800/-
Please note that once you have deposited the application fee, there will be no scope for refund. Payment can be made online via debit card, credit card, or net banking. UPI option is not available.
Allahabad University CRET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Before proceeding with the application, please thoroughly review the eligibility criteria for CRET Exam 2023:
- The candidate must have completed a postgraduate degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55% marks for UR candidates and 50% marks for OBC/SC/ST/PH candidates.
- The candidate's entire academic career should have a minimum average score of 54% marks for General/OBC candidates and 49% marks for SC/ST/PH candidates.
- Candidates with a third division or an equivalent letter grade/grade point at the graduate and postgraduate levels are not eligible to apply.
Exemptions from Applying to the Level 1 Test
Certain candidates are exempt from appearing for the Level 1 test of the University of Allahabad CRET 2023:
- Teachers of the university and constituent colleges who are applying for a Ph.D.
- Those who have qualified for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) conducted by UGC (University Grants Commission)/CSIR.
- Serving Army, Navy, and Air Force Officers with at least 15 years of service and holding the rank of Colonel in the Army or an equivalent rank in the Air Force/Navy. These officers, when applying for a Ph.D. in the Department of Defence and Strategic Studies, will be separately assessed at Level 2 of the CRET exam against a specified number of vacancies.
Result Date and Link
The results of the CRET Exam 2023 will be out on the 15th of June, 2023.
Good luck to all the aspiring candidates aiming to crack the CRET 2023 entrance examinations!